Tuesday 9 February 2010

Another crazy challenge

Date:  9th Feb 2010
Weather:  Bright, cold but grey skys.  My view to Edinburgh castle is stunning today though with the dramatic sky.
Shoes:  Grey Carvella patents with 3ins heel and ribbon tie.   Delish.


Morning blog world!!  Hope you've all had a wonderful evening and ready to face Tuesday with a clear head and big smile.

I can't believe that I've not blogged about these 2 things before now.... again, naughty naughty Kmac.   I've set myself 2 more personal fitness challenges spanning 2010 and into 2011.   This is because this year I have Kilimanjaro, and I'm really enjoying the focus its giving me to push myself and also the challenge its providing.

So.... my first challenge...    RUN TO FRANCE!   Those of you who know me will be aware that I volunteer at Radio Lollipop on a Monday evening, well as this is a charity we need to raise money and our management team came up with an idea to run the distance between Edinburgh and Paris between the Scotland - France rugby match (which was Sunday 7th Feb) and ending on the day of the France - Scotland game (sometime in Feb 2011 in Paris).   

This is giving the team of runners just under 365 days to run over 1100km.    We have a website Run To France  and we are tracking our miles using Nike +.   I'll keep you posted on how many km I've done every now and again.  So far I've clocked up just over 20km in 2 days, with another 12km to add on so off to a decent enough start.


And my 2nd challenge will start and end in 2011, but the training will need to start this year (but the Kili training should help).   Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon!!    Assuming my favourite theme park is still holding the event in 2011 (registration hasn't opened yet, 2010 is still to be run) then I'm going to be there.   

Its a womans only 1/2 that runs around the Magic Kingdom - through Cinderella's castle!!  And I'm going to try to get a group of girls together to run it with me.  I'll still do it alone, but I think crossing the line will be so special that I'd love to run with friends.   So girlies - if you fancy it... let me know!! 


And thats my wee update on what the future holds for Kmac post Kilimanjaro.  Still running, still training and most certainly still challenging myself!!

Righty to work I go....

Kmac xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment