Tuesday 19 January 2010

Orange!

Date: 19th Jan 2010
Weather: Purple sky this morning, tres pretty
Shoes: Peep toe Nine Wests in Black

Its Tuesday and this week is starting to get a bit longer. Not sure why but after my great fun weekend these past 2 days have seemed to drag.

I got some amazing news last night, I made it into the cast of Jesus Christ Superstar!!! I'm going to be in the ensemble/dance team for the show which goes up late April this year. I'm so excited, and a bit nervous because I've worked with the production team before but helping them out.. I've never been in a production with them. Here's to not letting them down !! Expect lots of blog updates in the coming weeks...

I have an amazing ability to cook food that turns orange, honestly. I have a love for sweet potato and butternut squash which maybe explains this trend... but one of my fav dishes to make is Butternut Squash chili, and just for JAG here is the recipe...

*Was my friend Claire (Mrs Fudgey) who gave me the original recipe, so thanks to her for showing me the yummiest food ever!!

1 Large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
1 Red onion chopped
1 Regular onion chopped
A handful of mushrooms washed and cut in half
1 Red pepper sliced
1 Yellow pepper sliced
1/2 clove of garlic
Tin of chopped tomatoes
200g Kidney Beans
200g Butter Beans

I use chili powder, cumin, paprika and coriander. But I never measure.. so just add to taste!!

Cook the garlic and onion together until soft
Add the butternut squash
Add in the first of your spices (for me this is always paprika) and stir really fast to stop sticking
Add the tomatoes/peppers/mushrooms/kidney beans and butter beans
Add 1 cup of water and the remaining spice.

Keep on a medium/high heat bubbling away until everything starts to break down. Add more water if required, I like my chili quite thick so tend to let the water simmer off.

You can add in Chorizo as an alternative to a totally vegetable dominated meal. But I love it just as it is.

And that's it!! Super simple.

I'll get more recipes up when I remember what I cook.... I have a habit of just throwing in a pan anything I have in the house...

Hope everyone has had a great day!

Kmac xx

3 comments:

  1. oh you asked me for recipes...doh seive head....text me & remind me this evening.....as I'll not being fully functioning after PT session most likely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an absolute gem, thanks so much for this! I have a huge butternut squash in the fridge so will make it sometime this week.

    Thank you

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a problem at all! You'll need to blog about how it went.

    xx

    ReplyDelete