Monday 4 January 2010

Still 256 days to day.... Official post 1

Date: 4 Jan 2010
Weather: Snow and Ice on the ground, cold in the air and bugger all gritters on the roads
Footwear of choice : Brown Kurt Geiger Shu-Boots in the office, Brown unsexy walking boots for outdoors.


Great start to the day... I didn't sleep much last night, maybe 4 hours max. So I decided to get up and head to the gym.

Managed to knock out about 6k on the treadmill before I felt my leg muscles yelp in protest. I'm running the Bupa "fun" run 5k on Saturday with my fabby friend Claire (check out her blog...
http://fudgeyrun.blogspot.com ) so need to start getting the running practice in. I'm not made for running. I look somewhat like a chicken being chased by Bernard Matthews. Honestly.


Got into work and felt amazing. The run made me feel grand so the day has been Rosy so far.

Other news.

Need to start buying kit for Kilimanjaro and if there is one thing I'm good at right now is shopping. This is the part of the process I'm looking forward to. I'll be hitting the mountain dressed in pink, think Barbie and you've hit it right there. I've promised Kilimanjaro Barbie so I will deliver Kili Barbie. My sister has picked a sea blue/green colour. As soon as we have our kit I shall post pics and you can decide how crazy we look!


Tonight's plan is to get to Radio Lollipop without falling on my bottom and then home for an early night. I'm planning 2 x 6k runs tomorrow in the gym so need my rest to make sure I get up in time.

Adios!

Kmac xx

No comments:

Post a Comment