Saturday 9 January 2010

Race day

Date: 9th January
Weather: Dry, bright(ish) and icy.
Footwear of choice: My blue zebra slippers, soon to be my running shoes....


Just a quickie this morning (ooohh errr). Its 09:22am and in just over 2.5hours I'll be getting ready to start my first ever 5k race.

I've never ran in an organised event before, even in school. I was always the kid with asthma who would have an attack just at the thought of running - Drama and English were always my better subject areas. So this will be a HUGE achievement for me.

I know alot of you reading this will be able to eat 5k distance for breakfast, and one day I want to be able to do that.

Andy has challenged me to do a sub 30min 5k, I'm hitting approx 35/36mins in the gym (and thats me battling overheating feet and the man who farts next to me). But Fudgy and I just discovered that the race is using an alternative route because of the apocalyptic weather.


So my first 5k will actually be my first 4k. Meh. Its still me, running, outside, with lots of other people. This is the view from my bedroom window, and that hill you see in background... thats where we are racing!!!

I'll update you all when I get back..

Whatever you are doing today, have a great one and enjoy it. I was told yesterday by a very wise man "enjoy each weekend like its your last". I want you to but I hope it isn't.

Kmac xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment