Thursday 18 March 2010

Dare to dream

Date:  10 March 2010
Weather:  Bright but cold
Shoes:  Grey fabric flats

Well its 2 days until I pick up my name car, her name shall be Milly the Mazda.  I'm looking forward to it, its been 7 years since I got a new car so I'm really really excited!!  Also my dad is coming down to visit me at the weekend so he'll be there when I pick up the new car.

I've not seen my dad since January so it'll be nice to spend some time with him and get him new clothes.  The reason for his visit is that he wants to start treating himself and getting new clothes.   Hes a 65 year old widower so this is a huge step for him and I'm so proud that hes starting to take it.  Baby steps is the best way forward.

Yesterday I ran 7.5km in under 50mins which for me is a new PB.  I want to run a 10k in under 65mins so I'm a bit off my target yet but I'm determined to get there.  My view is how can you ever achieve anything if you never have an ambition..?

Today marks 6 months exactly to the day until we start the Kilimanjaro climb and I cant wait.  I can't belive that a year ago we sat down and planned to do "something" for charity. But nobody really thought we'd be doing something this big.  And as the big day looms closer I'm not getting scared, I'm getting excited!!

Hope all is well in blog land

Kmac xx

1 comment:

  1. I know you'll reach your 10k target - you are as determined & feisty as me!

    See ya in the gym dolly!

    xx

    ReplyDelete