Friday 5 March 2010

Its Friday

Date: 5th March 2010
Weather:  Its Scotland.  Its March.... If I said it was sunny I'd be lying..
Footwear:  My black riding style boots.

Last night I had an epithany.  In order to be happy, you really have to strive to be comfortable with your failings.

I'm a happy person, annoyingly happy most of the time and like my sister put "I was brought up with a sister who lives in the land of Disney and believes world Peace will happen when Tinkerbell finds her fairy dust and sprinkles it on the world! FREAK x"    Isn't she a charmer !

My point is, how can you be happy with what you've got if you are constantly wanting things you'd never get?  You can never appreciate what you've got if you want something better.  

I've got amazing friends, supportive family, good health, a job that I enjoy doing and I live in a flat with 2 people who care about me so much that we fight about me making bad decisions!!  Of course there are things that I'd love to have, but would I hand over everything I have NOW for the things that I'd love to have... no.

I want skinnier legs -  I work out at the gym and if I get them I get them.  If not, I'm improving my overall fitness and having a great time doing so.

I want my happy ever after - But that will include my friends and family so I'm not going to alienate them or push them away.

I want a wardrobe full of designer clothes - But I'd rather not spend all my hard earned money on material to cover my body, I'd rather spend my time and money having fun and keeping in touch with my friends and have general clothes..

Do you all see where I'm getting at?   I hope so. 

Today is my rest day from the gym and I've so far had a great morning, got up at 7am (and not 5am!), headed to work and battered through my to do list before 9:40am.   Met fudgy for our usual morning coffee and brekkie catch up before heading back to our desks and now I'm updating you all!! 

Going to see Alice in Wonderland tonight, really excited.  I'm a HUGE  Burton/Depp/Bonham Carter fan and I love the story so fingers crossed this lives up to all the expectations and hype. 

Today marks the final 195 days until Kilimanjaro... less that 200 days to go now.  So the hill trianing starts very very soon.  Because of my show commitments  I'm not able to get up any hills until May but I've got every confidence that I'll do it. 

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll try check in over the weekend.

Kmac xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment