Tuesday 9 March 2010

Mojo is back

Date:  9 March 2010
Weather:  Dry, cloudy but birght enough.  Its getting lighter in the mornings so time to get running outside methinks.
Shoes:  Black stilletto platforms


I'm back!  The workout mojo is back! My desire to eat is back!  I think they all went on a wee vacation somewhere and have come back with a vengence.

Yesterday I was hoovering up any food I could get my hands on, bananas on toast (wholemeal bread), Claires oaty biccy she made me, soup and salad at lunch time, wholewheat pitta bread with peanut butter and some carrot sticks and then the left over from my spectacular dinner on Sunday night.

But that was all because I had a PT session with Andy.  At 6:30am I rocked up to the gym, knowing that last weeks combo of crap diet and lacklustre excercise would have me hating life in approx 20 minutes, but I turned up anyway and got to work.    60 minutes later I looked like I'd stepped out of the swimming pool but I felt amazing. 

Because its getting very close to Kilimanjaro climbing date alot of my training is working on fatiguing the muscles and then pushing them through endurance training.  I can feel the strength increasing in my legs and I've never felt my upper body feel stronger than it does now.  But there is still work to be done.

I need to start increasing my running distance so Andy has given me a running programme to follow on days when I'm not doing my programme.  I'll see if I can get my programme and scan it in so you can all see what I do.  There is so much on it I have to carry it around the gym with me as a prompt!! 

This morning I arrived at 6:30, starting to feel DOMS from yesterday but enjoying the burn sensation (because I'm a freak...!), walked up to the gym and started a nice easy 40 mins run.   10 mins in I decided to challenge myself, a 20 min sprint with only 1 rest/walk break allowed.  The result was 4.80KM in 29mins. And a very VERY red Kmac on the treadmill.

After my sprint I hopped off and did:

3 x 15 60kg legpress   (superset with)
3 x 30 "mountain climbers"

3 x 15 4kg lat raises (superset with)
3 x 15 25kg single arm pull downs

3 x 15 swiss ball situps (superset with)
3 x 15 cycle crunches


Then I trudged down from the gym to the changing room.   Fudgy will know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that the Grumpy old women were in.

Gym Ninja's blog mentions a variety of people that she spots in the gym, however in my gym we have none of these.  Instead we have "the complainers".  Every morning they arrive and do the same classes... moan about the choice of music/temperature in class/instructor... and leave.  COme back the next day and do the very same thing.  Regardless of who takes the class and what music is played, they ALWAYS have an issue.  I wouldnt mind so much if they did their moaning WHILE CLOTHED! These woman stand around starkers and whine about the class.  Why they need to shower is beyond me because its not like they actually work hard enough to break a sweat, the stairs up to the class are the most sweat inducing thing they do for the 40 mins they are in the gym.

So I put my changing routine into turbe and just legged it out the door.  I'm too young and innocent to see such sights.  However it does act as a reminder that we won't always be so taught and pert....

Have a wonderful day bloggies!

Kmac xx

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Thankfully by the time I was done & sorted out a spare locker key Doh! The complainers were mostly gone & the 2 that were left were fully clothed!!
    I did get a comment again about losing too much weight though

    ReplyDelete